Monday, July 8, 2013

Holy Hail Storm!

This evening as we were getting ready to head out to do chores, my girls were calling me, "Hey Barb come take pictures of these clouds! They're so cool!"  There was a storm on the horizon. 


We headed out to the barn and quickly realized we had just enough time to get the calves into the barn before racing back to the house.  I did not want to be caught in the barn when I had a nice safe basement waiting for me!

We got back to the house just in time.  I'm thankful that a tornado didn't appear in the clouds.  But boy, did it hail!



This was some of the biggest hail I'd ever seen.  And there was a lot of it!

 
 
Now for the damage report:  Do you remember those beautiful tomatoes in the first picture?
Here they are now....
 
 
Fresh cole slaw anyone?  It's so fresh it still has roots!
 

 
 I lost everything in the garden.  Yes, I'm totally pouting!  Mom and I started many of the plants early this spring and have babied them for so long.  Now they are trashed.
 
 

The barn took a beating too.  All of the sky lights are completely broken out.  Prairie Granny is going to have to get up on that roof and replace them soon.  Because this girl does not do heights!
 
 
Here's a fun fact!  This tree used to have leaves on it!  Now.... not so much.
 
After it was all said and done, I did realize how much I have to be grateful for.  No one was hurt, the animals are all fine, the house seems to have avoided damage.  The good Lord even gave us a beautiful reminder....
 
Pony is at the end of the rainbow!  No wonder I call him "Black Gold"!


I leave you with just one more fun photo.... I don't think I have ever included so many photos in one post!
 
 
We were lucky enough to have both ends of the rainbow on our farm! 
 
Blessings,
B

2 comments:

  1. These Montana storms are rough! Your tomatoes look like mine did last year. Some might recover- its amazing how hardy those plants can be when they have good roots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a storm! The rainbow says so much...

    ReplyDelete